RSVP National Service Program that encourages individuals age 55 and better to remain active in the community through service work. RSVP provides volunteer members with volunteer match assistance and support, along with other tangible benefits including free supplemental volunteer insurance to cover them when they are coming and going and while they are volunteering.
Many agencies depend upon the time and skills of RSVP Volunteers to increase their capacity to serve the community. RSVP recruits well skilled and reliable volunteers within partnering agencies and supports them through the volunteer cycle.
A ” Partnering Agency” is any 501(c)3 non-profit, governmental agency or (duly licensed proprietary) health care facility, that is located in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison or Transylvania Counties in Western NC, and is meeting local community needs. This ‘Partnering Agency” must need volunteers to help them accomplish their mission and has to complete the Memorandum of Understanding, Disability and Safety Survey, and report volunteer hours quarterly to the Land-of-Sky RSVP.
Becoming a RSVP station is a simple and free process
- Complete a Memorandum of Understanding with the RSVP Office
- Submit written descriptions for all volunteer jobs
- Complete a Accessibility and Safety Survey
- Meet with RSVP Coordinator to review the RSVP Station Handbook
- Submitting Paperwork: Memorandum of Understanding and Disability and Safety Survey are to be downloaded and saved to your computer, completed and either emailed or mailed back to our offices. Job descriptions are a online form, all you need to do is complete and press submit.
If you are interested in becoming a RSVP Partnering Agency, contact our RSVP Office